[Samba] When trying to Samba (SMBD) it says "not found"

Edouard Ades edouard.ades at activant.com
Wed Oct 26 23:32:32 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I tried to start the samba service (Smbd) but it tells me "Not found" no error number or permission denied.
There was no update made on the box.  I logged on as root
I went to good directory, usr/local/samba/sbin/
and typed     smbd   and I got

ksh:  smbd : Not found

If I enter LS under the sbin directory, the smbd is there.
Also, if I enter LS -e le (to see the executable) it returns me  smbd

I even made a search by entering                find / -name smbd 2> /dev/null
and when the result came up it showed me the good path which is usr/local/samba/sbin/

I'm new in the Unix / samba stuff, it's probably just a little thing that I'm missing !!
So if anyone can help I'd really appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Eddy

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.