[Samba] Samba Share of NFS filesystem

Ulrich Bernhard ulrich.bernhard at id.unizh.ch
Wed Oct 26 13:02:23 GMT 2005

On a local disk with quota the 'over quota' error occured while writing
to that disk and the windows box reports the error as 'disk is full'.
A local copy on the linux server to a local filesystem with quota (/data
is on that filesystem):
cp /tmp/large-file /data
cp: writing `/data/large-file': Disk quota exceeded

Writing on the linux server to the nfs filesystem the 'over quota' error
occured whis the close (the /home/rzubu directory is on the nfs filesystem):
cp /tmp/large-file /home/rzubu
cp: closing `/home/rzubu/large-file': Disk quota exceeded

Sorry I do not have other nfs mounted filesystems with quota.

Thanks

Ulrich

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

  | Ulrich Bernhard                                           |
  | Informatikdienste      Tel: (+41-44) 635 67 73            |
  | Universitaet Zuerich   Fax: (+41-44) 635 45 05            |
  | Winterthurerstr. 190                                      |
  | CH-8057 Zuerich        Email: ulrich.bernhard at id.unizh.ch |
  | Switzerland                                               |