[Samba] Re: Which Samba (CIFS ?) For HPUX 11.00 ?

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Tue Oct 25 22:21:22 GMT 2005

Hi Nick,

This topic should be on samba at lists.samba.org - not technical.  I'll
give you a brief overview, and any followup send to me directly.

HP-CIFS Server for 11.0 is based upon Samba 2.2.12.  Support for 11.0
ends there - at 2.2.12.  Go to:

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B8725AA

If you want to continue on 11.0, HP posts 3.0.14a Opensource binaries to
Samba.org, but they are not supported by HP.  The Opensource binaries
will eventually be upgraded to 3.0.20a, but  we do not guarantee when.
Of course, you are free to build your own. Samba binaries for HP-UX can
also be loaded from:

http://hpux.cs.utah.edu.

There was a topic earlier today and last week about 11.0, 3.0.14a, and
prerequisite Opensource libraries.  See:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=113025750223530&w=2

HP-UX 11iv1 and 11iv2 are a different story.  Email me directly (from cc
list) for more information.

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard