[Samba] samba-3.0.14a binaries for HP-UX-11.0

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Mon Oct 24 20:47:14 GMT 2005

Sorry for the belated reply (out of the office).

Use the packages at the listed urls.  The 11i versions will work for
11.0.  I have installed and tested the listed version numbers on 11.0,
however all of the versions have since been rolled.  In addition, my
11.0 system has been retired, so I cannot verify the results (from last
April).  So, I'll reinstall everything and re-verify.  If you want to
wait, I'll post my results here, but not until Tuesday 10/25 at the earlist.

Also, if you have installed HP CIFS Server on the system, you'll need to
re-link some stuff.  I added the following text to the README of our
opensource distribution (on samba.org), but I do not think it made the
most recent build.  So here is the new text:

6.  If your system has HP CIFS Server previously installed, several
libraries
     that are used by Samba may require re-linking.

   a. if /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -V
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.sl
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
         Abort(coredump)
      then
         cp /opt/samba/lib/libiconv.sl /usr/local/lib/

   b. if
         /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -V
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
/usr/local/lib/liblber.sl.2
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
         Abort(coredump)
      then
         ln -s /opt/iexpress/openldap/lib/liblber-2.2.sl
/usr/local/lib/liblber.sl.2

   c. if
         /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -V
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library:
/usr/local/lib/libldap.sl.2
         /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
         Abort(coredump)
       then
         ln -s /opt/iexpress/openldap/lib/libldap-2.2.sl
/usr/local/lib/libldap.sl.2

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard