[Samba] writing files via samba issues...

Satyajit Ketkar Satyajit.Ketkar at Halliburton.com
Mon Oct 24 19:18:23 GMT 2005

I've samba running an embedded linux system (2.6.x kernel with uClibc).  I'=
m trying to transfer some medium to large files (65-225 MB). I'm using simp=
le windows explorer drag/drop to write the files to the embedded system.  T=
he file transfer dialog will show some progress then lock up for a few minu=
tes. After this it reports with "The specified network name is no longer av=
ailabe."  Then after a few seconds the file will show up on the embedded sy=
stem but will be totally useless (I did a compare on it with the original).
=20
Here is what the "log.winxptest" file tailed shows,
=20
smbd/service.c:make_connection(550) winxptest (192.168.1.102) connect to se=
rvice data as user winxpuser (uid=3D501, gid=3D500)  (pid 241)
lib/util_sock.c:client_addr(1061)  getpeername failed. Error was Transport =
endpoint is not connected
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)  write_socket_data: write failure. E=
rror =3D Connection reset by peer
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(566) write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to so=
cket 3: ERRNO =3D Connection reset by peer
lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(754)  Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. Exiting
=20
I can't delete the file through samba now after this either.  Reading files=
 from the embedded system have no problems.

Satyajit Ketkar
Technical Professional
Operations Engineering
Houston TX, 77032
Satyajit.Ketkar at Halliburton.com
281-871-6065=20

=20

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
=20
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and pri=
vileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review=
, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If yo=
u are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for =
the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and dele=
te all copies of this message.