[Samba] OpenLDAP broke down

Benjamin Nagel [sedo.de] benjamin at sedo.de
Mon Oct 24 10:44:21 GMT 2005

Hi,

our OpenLDAP server broke down. So my boss said that i must change the
configuration from LDAP to smbpasswd.
Now my question:
Where must I change the whole seetings bake to the "normal" system.
I use:
SuSE 9.2
Samba 3.0.7
I had used OpenLdap 2.2.15

I must change the smb.conf so it use the smbpasswd backend.
But where I must change the settings in the system?
Sorry that I must ask you such a "stupid" question, but I haven't enough
time to search the whole documentation and my problem is, that I hadn't
installed this system.

In the moment i have 60 workes:
I know i must put them all manuelly in the smbpasswd, but which problems
do I have with there accounts?
Do they get a new account, so I must copy there whole data?

--

With best regards
Benjamin Nagel

Sedo GmbH  Mediapark 6  50670 Köln
tel +49 221.420758.191  fax +49 221.420758.11
http://www.sedo.de  mailto:benjamin at sedo.de