[Samba] Windows interacting with SAMBA share

Jeremy Hatter - BIA jhatter at biaprotect.com
Fri Oct 21 21:29:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

My company has a Samba [3.0] share on a Debian Linux 3.0 [Kernel 2.6]
machine and we are trying to copy a large file [>2GB] from a Windows
machine to the Samba share.  When we try to do this, it only copies 2GB
of the information.  We were previously having a similar issue when
transfering a large file [>2GB] from Linux to a Windows share [mounted
as smbfs], but fixed that with the 'lfs' option in the mount command.
Does anyone know what settings need changed to allow the Samba share to
accept large files from Windows?  I've searched the internet for a
couple days now and haven't found a solution.  Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

_____________________________________
Jeremy Hatter
Business Intelligence Associates, Inc.

Voice: 212-240-2282
Fax: 212-240-2298
jhatter at biaprotect.com

http://www.biaprotect.com
<blocked::/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.biaprotect.com/>
Digital Discovery Services & Computer Forensics

This message may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named on the
To:, Cc: and Bcc: lines. If you are not one of the intended
recipient(s), then you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this email transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please delete the email in its entirety and
call or email us immediately so that we may take appropriate steps to
correct the problem at no cost to you. Even if this message has reached
you in error, sender does not in any way waive confidentiality or
privilege. Thank you.