[Samba] Openldap for PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Oct 21 17:04:53 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 11:07 -0500, Philip Washington wrote:
> Michael Gasch wrote:
>
> > Philip Washington wrote:
> >
> >> Do you me recover as in recover from a backup or going to the
> >> /var/lib/ldap directory and running "db_recover".
> >
> > i mean db_recover
> > any ideas?
> >
> > thx
> >
> I wish I did, Craig seems to have the magic touch.  I have about 150
> computers + users and transfered that over to one of my Samba computers
> in a test environment.  I have 4 computers connected to  it there, 2
> which came from the original NT Domain and 1 which I connected as BDC
> and I have another which I'm going to connect as a domain member
> server.  So far I haven't gone 2 days without it locking up.  I just
> updated to openldap 2.2.13-4 last night and if that locks up I'll gather
> all the configuration files and post them and hope somebody sees
> something I did wrong.

----
I don't think it's a magic touch thing at all - when I first started
playing with samba 3.0.0 and ldap, I knew I was in over my head and
spent time learning ldap and getting to the point where I could populate
it, use it, repair it and function with it before I went back to samba
to integrate it. The problem is trying to get the whole enchilada in one
bite leads to a lot of indigestion. I took smaller bites.

Craig

believed to be clean.