[Samba] Re: [Possible BUG] Samba v3.0.20b and permissions POSIX/Samba

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:53:11 GMT 2005

On 10/20/05, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:
> If you are using 'store dos attributes = yes' but have not specifically
> set any attributes on that file, then the alternatives I mentioned
> still apply.

What do you have to do to specifically set attributes on the file?  Do
you have to do this yourself, or will the OS do it for you under
certain circumstances?

We have some files that need to never be read-only.  We've been using
fake_perms to work around this, but store dos attributes sounds like a
better solution, if it will work.  (Or I suppose I could just wait for
3.0.21.)

Josh Kelley