[Samba] Virtual directory on Win XP, IIS 5.1, Samba 3.0.7

Dag Aastveit daa at mail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:20:27 GMT 2005

I have a samba share mapped to a virtual directory on a Win Xp machine,
which runs a Web Service. I want to make this directory browsable via
the web service, without any user logged on the web server machine.

The problem is that the directory is only browsable when a user is logged
on to the machine running the web service. Also, the directory can only
be browsed from the web server machine itself (using
http://localhost/MyDir,  http://123.123.123.123/MyDir won't work)

Is there a way to get around this?