[Samba] Migration from Windows 2003 server to samba 3

M.R.Niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:33:25 GMT 2005

Hi all

I have windows 2003 server with Active directory users , there are about 500
users. I have an Linux Server with Redhat Enterprise Linux Advanced server 3

With samba 3.0 installed in . I would like to migrate all active directory
users to samba 3.0 making it a primary domain controller and shut down the

Windows system. But I would like to know, how do I migrate users passwords
from Active directory to samba 3.0. I would like to retain the same username
and

Passwords as in windows. So how do get the passwords from windows to samba
3.0

Regards

Niranjan