[Samba] "net rpc vampire" and filling userPassword

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 00:16:32 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 08:09, Thomas.Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently we succeeded in doing a test migration from NT4 to a samba
> BDC with LDAP. The LDAP directory is now filled with machine, group
> and user account information.
>
> My question:
>
> as I have set the smb.conf parameter "ldap passwd sync = Yes", I
> would have expected that "net rpc vampire" would also set the UNIX
> password of the LDAP user account entries, i.e. the attribute
> userPassword.
>
> This password appears to be empty.
>
> Can somebody offer help?

This can not be done without decrypting the NT passwords. That is not an
option.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.