[Samba] "net rpc vampire" and filling userPassword

Thomas.Meyer meyert at dla-marbach.de
Wed Oct 19 14:09:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

recently we succeeded in doing a test migration from NT4 to a samba
BDC with LDAP. The LDAP directory is now filled with machine, group
and user account information.

My question:

as I have set the smb.conf parameter "ldap passwd sync = Yes", I
would have expected that "net rpc vampire" would also set the UNIX
password of the LDAP user account entries, i.e. the attribute
userPassword.

This password appears to be empty.

Can somebody offer help?

Regards,