[Samba] makepkg.sh for samba 3.0.20

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Oct 18 16:43:08 GMT 2005

xuan van wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I downloaded 3.0.20 from samba.org, ran makepkg.sh to create
| samba pkg for Solaris. The install base for the new version
| locates in /opt/samba and the smbd locates in /etc/samba.
| I tried to modify the makepkg.sh to put everything under
| /usr/local/samba as follow:
|
| Delete:
| ====
|                --localstatedir=/var/lib/samba \
|                --with-piddir=/var/run \
|                --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba \
|                --with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private \
|                --with-configdir=/etc/samba \
|
| Add:
| ====
|                --localstatedir=/usr/local/samba/lib \
|                --with-piddir=/var/run \
|                --with-logfilebase=/usr/local/samba/var/log \
|                --with-privatedir=/usr/local/samba/private \
|                --with-configdir=/usr/local/samba/lib \
|
| Replaced INSTALL_BASE=/opt/samba with INSTALL_BASE=/usr/local/samba
|
| makepkg.sh completed with no error. However pkgadd gives me the
| following errors:
| # pkgadd -d . samba
|
| Processing package instance <samba> from </tmp>
|
| CIFS File and Print server
| (sparc) 3.0.20
| Copyright (C) 2001 Samba Team
| Using </usr/local/samba> as the package base directory.
| ## Processing package information.
| pkgadd: ERROR: duplicate pathname </usr/local/samba/lib>
| pkgadd: ERROR: unable to process pkgmap

It's probably because the configdir and libdir overlap.
Just remove your --with-logbase and --with-configdir lines
since those are the default values anyways.

Although it could just be a bug in the generated prototype file
now that I think of it since we would be defining
/usr/local/samba/lib/twice.

try setting --with-configdir=/usr/local/samba/etc

just as a test

cheers, jerry
"There's an anonymous coward in all of us."               --anonymous