[Samba] makepkg.sh for samba 3.0.20

xuan van xuan_van at credence.com
Fri Oct 14 18:30:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

I downloaded 3.0.20 from samba.org, ran makepkg.sh to create
samba pkg for Solaris. The install base for the new version
locates in /opt/samba and the smbd locates in /etc/samba.
I tried to modify the makepkg.sh to put everything under
/usr/local/samba as follow:

Delete:
====
                --localstatedir=/var/lib/samba \
                --with-piddir=/var/run \
                --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba \
                --with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private \
                --with-configdir=/etc/samba \

Add:
====
                --localstatedir=/usr/local/samba/lib \
                --with-piddir=/var/run \
                --with-logfilebase=/usr/local/samba/var/log \
                --with-privatedir=/usr/local/samba/private \
                --with-configdir=/usr/local/samba/lib \

Replaced INSTALL_BASE=/opt/samba with INSTALL_BASE=/usr/local/samba

makepkg.sh completed with no error. However pkgadd gives me the
following errors:
# pkgadd -d . samba

Processing package instance <samba> from </tmp>

CIFS File and Print server
(sparc) 3.0.20
Copyright (C) 2001 Samba Team
Using </usr/local/samba> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
pkgadd: ERROR: duplicate pathname </usr/local/samba/lib>
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to process pkgmap

Installation of <samba> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Xuan