[Samba] samba-3.0.20a: winbind with "disable netbios = yes"?

Christoph Badura bad at atsec.com
Mon Oct 17 08:41:58 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to use ntlm_auth and winbindd to authenticate users against
a Windows 2003 AD server. Despite having "disable netbios yes", winbindd
insists on doing one NetBIOS exchange on UDP port 138 on startup. If I
block this port "wbinfo -t", "wbinfo -a username", and ntlm_auth request
fail with:

error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME (0xc0000122)

Is this supposed to work? After a quick look at the winbind source code
it is not cleat to me that the code ever checks lp_disable_netbios.

Regards,
--
Christoph Badura, atsec information security GmbH
Theodor-Heuss-Ring 1, 50668 Koeln, Germany