[Samba] "Wbinfo -u" get user account sucessfully but"getentpasswd" fails

Horak Daniel horak at sitmp.cz
Sat Oct 15 06:18:36 GMT 2005

> > Steve Zeng escreveu:
> > > 1) getent passwd <thisUser>
> > >     It gave me nothing. If I run getent to check other user
> > accounts,
> > > everything is OK.
> >
> > > 2) wbinfo -u | grep <thisUser>
> > >     It shows <thisUser> does exist.
> >
> > > I could not figure out what the reason is. Can anybody
> give me some
> > > hint? I appreciate it.
> >
> > 	If you compare the information from thisUser with the
> > information of otherUser, did you see any differences?

I saw this situation (getent = no result, wbinfo can find the user) when
I was runnig Samba 3.0.10 from RHEL 4 as a domain member with Windows
2000 + SP4 + Rollup patch or Windows 2003 SP1 as domain controller. It
should be fixed in some current releases of Samba or you should use
"client schannel = no" in smb.conf.

			Dan