[Samba] compile time questions

Barry, Christopher cbarry at silverstorm.com
Sat Oct 15 01:53:43 GMT 2005

Greetings,

	What are the recommended compile-time options to accomplish the
following:

server is linux, auth is NIS
want to use MSDFS
security = DOMAIN

user names and group names are mirrored in the AD domain and NIS (I sync
them)

I have this working great using 2.2.8a on the NIS master, but 3.0.0 does
not work on another box (NIS slave) could the lack of passwd and group
files be an issue?

I'm going to be installing 3.0.20b now, but I notice that --with-msdfs
does not exist, and that winbind seems to be compiled in by default (I
don't use winbind now)

Can anyone point me to a doc with more compile-time feature descriptions
(other than ./configure --help)?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks,
Chris