[Samba] mysql backend create user problem

Edy Sulai esulai at bmais.or.id
Fri Oct 14 09:49:40 GMT 2005

Hi,
I've tried your suggestion a while back, even rolled back smb.conf to the
most basic setting for pdb_mysql to work.
anyway, i'm redoing it from scratch. crossing my finger hoping it would
works this time.
anyone here got a working samba with pdb_mysql? who is the current
maintainer for samba pdb_mysql?? i might try email him directly.

what might be the reason behind the lack of documentation for pdb_mysql?
To me, mysql is a great idea to store and manipulate users information.
not a clue found for two weeks googling around the net. seems like samba
developers have different opinion?

is pdb_mysql new feature in samba?

thank you so much for your help.

> The 3.0.20 version had a bug, so mysql passwd backend will not work the
> normal/standard way.
>
> did not tested the 3.0.20 a & b version, but it might be fixed..
>
>           passdb backend = mysql:bmais
>           bmais:mysql database = <database>
>           bmais:mysql password = <password>
>           bmais:mysql user = root
>           bmais:mysql host = db.bmais.or.id
>  >        bmais:table = bmais_or_id
>  >        bmais:domain column = 'bmais.or.id'
>  >        bmais:username column = pw_name:
>  >        bmais:nt username column = pw_name:
>  >        bmais:fullname column = pw_gecos:
>  >        bmais:lanman pass column = pw_passwd:
> |
> -> try to comment these out with #, your problem might be here. (but i'm
>     not sure)
>
> Goodluck
>
> Edy Sulai wrote:
>> Thanks for the quick response.
>> yes, I did create unix users first. then proceed to create samba users.
>>
>> I tried upgrading samba version from 3.0.14a to 3.0.20, i still does the
>> same thing.
>>
>> Now, I'm redoing all the samba works from scratch again. hopefully samba
>> 3.0.20 doesn't give me the same problem. any idea what's wrong if samba
>> pdb_mysql still behave this way?
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> Edy
>>
>>> Did you create the unix users before the mysql users ??
>>>
>>> Greetz, Collen

>>> --

Edy Sulai
IT Coordinator
Bunda Mulia Australian International School
Jl. Lodan Raya no. 2
Ancol, Jakarta Utara 14430
Indonesia
Tel  : +62-21-690-9742