[Samba] mysql backend create user problem

Collen Blijenberg collen at zeist.hermanjordan.nl
Fri Oct 14 08:46:50 GMT 2005

The 3.0.20 version had a bug, so mysql passwd backend will not work the
normal/standard way.

did not tested the 3.0.20 a & b version, but it might be fixed..

          passdb backend = mysql:bmais
          bmais:mysql database = <database>
          bmais:mysql password = <password>
          bmais:mysql user = root
          bmais:mysql host = db.bmais.or.id
 >        bmais:table = bmais_or_id
 >        bmais:domain column = 'bmais.or.id'
 >        bmais:username column = pw_name:
 >        bmais:nt username column = pw_name:
 >        bmais:fullname column = pw_gecos:
 >        bmais:lanman pass column = pw_passwd:

-> try to comment these out with #, your problem might be here. (but i'm
    not sure)

Goodluck