[Samba] Samba 3.0.20, Active Directory, Debian: Username ... is invalid on this system

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Thu Oct 13 11:40:59 GMT 2005

Hello List,
I have a strange problem:
I have successfully added my debian system to the local active directory
domain. Winbind works and gives me Users, Groups, and relations when I call
wbinfo. However, Users cannot connect to a share I prepared.
It makes no difference if there is no "valid user = " entry, or if I put an
correct entry with my test user.
All I get in log.winbindd is:
Username DOMAIN+test is invalid on this system
(just like there was a "valid user" entry.)
I have successfully checked the password of this user with wbinfo, user data
is handed over correctly, wbinfo -t is successful, domain membership works.
What is wrong?
Thanks!!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Beraiterweg 4 93047 Regensburg
Untere Hauptstr 2 85386 Eching
fon regensburg 	+49 941 8107989
fon eching 	+49 89 379 956 3