Re-2: [Samba] Winbind is DISCONNECTED after restart

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Oct 12 09:35:41 GMT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Stefan Kerkemeier wrote:

> ok you`re using 'security=domain' and a windows 2003 sp1 DC. Well recent
> security updates for Windows2003 (especially SP1) have changed the
> several RPC mechanisms to obtain group and user lists form DCs.

Yes, I know, but I was hoping for a workaround. If Samba/Winbind doesn't
work with 2003SP1 in domain mode, and no fix is available, then we have a
pretty sad situation, I think.

> Please consult the release notes of samba 3.0.20a for further informations.

I have done so. It recommends using "wbinfo --set-auth-user". I've tried
this as well, but it doesn't help.

(Another strange thing is that "wbinfo -A" isn't the same thing as
--set-user, it seems. Even so, the manpage refers to -A under
--get-auth-user, and it doesn't mention --set-user. What is going on here,
does "wbinfo -A" mean something different nowadays?)

Regards,

--
Peter Åstrand		Chief Developer
Cendio			www.thinlinc.com