[Samba] excessive lpstat calls

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Oct 10 22:52:44 GMT 2005

I run a fairly busy samba server that only serves up users' home
directory.  I am running Samba v3.0.20 under Solaris 10 on a Sun v440.
I'm seeing a large number of calls to '/usr/bin/lpstat -v'.  These are
probably occuring everytime a new client connects, but I'm not positive.

The server does not have any printers attached to it, has no entries in
/etc/printers.conf, and is not running lp services at all.  I am unable to
remove the lp packages from the system due to dependencies.  I have no
intention of using Samba as a print server on this machine, so I'd like to
disable printing entirely and prevent Samba from calling lpstat
continuously.

I've attached my smb.conf file.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
 	Andy