[Samba] User list

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 17:10:22 GMT 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 07:32, Scott Mayo wrote:
> I have a samba server setup with LDAP.  Before I was using LDAP, I could
> get a list of users and groups with my perl script by using the getgrent
> and getpwent routines.  I cannot use this anymore, because for some
> reason, these routines do not see all of my users.  They only see up to
> a certain point.  If I do a 'getent passwd' from the command line, it
> only shows up to certain number of users.  The others are there though
> and they work fine.
>
> IE:  I created the user 'johnsonz' as one of my last users.  If I do a
> 'gentent passwd | grep johnsonz', then I do not see this user anywhere
> at all, but if I do 'id johnsonz', it shows his information.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?  Everything seems to be

Update to a more recent version of nss_ldap. It is available from
http://www.padl.com.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.