[Samba] Samba Cups Windows 98 Raw Printing - need help

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Fri Oct 7 07:03:53 GMT 2005

Hi again,

This is my working config

did you do this ??

use the password of the real root account.
	smbpasswd -a root

Check the NT SE Rights
	net rpc rights list accounts
(rootpasswd)

Which rights are possible
    net rpc rights list
    (rootpasswd)

adding rights to domain groups
for PDC/BDC this has to be done on both servers

    "net rpc group"  or "slapcat | grep Group | grep dn"
    (rootpasswd)
        Domain Admins
        Domain Users
        Domain Guests
        Domain Computers
        Administrators
        Print Operators
        Backup Operators
        Replicators

        Privilege                       Description
        SeMachineAccountPrivilege  Add machines to domain
        SePrintOperatorPrivilege   Manage printers
        SeAddUsersPrivilege        Add users and groups to the domain
        SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege  Force shutdown from a remote system
        SeDiskOperatorPrivilege    Manage disk share

Give the "Domain Admins" all rights. ( -S Servernaam -U Username%Password )

    net -S PDC -U root%Password rpc rights grant "DOMAIN\Domain Admins" /
    SeMachineAccountPrivilege SePrintOperatorPrivilege SeAddUsersPrivilege /
    SeDiskOperatorPrivilege SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege

Give the "Printer Operators" all Printmanage rights. ( -S Servernaam -U
Username%Password )
    net -S PDC -U root%Password rpc rights grant "DOMAIN\Print Operators"
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

## PRINTING Section 1 !! Global Settings !!
        printing = cups
        load printers = Yes
        show add printer wizard = Yes
        max print jobs = 100
        printcap name = cups
        printer admin = @"Printer Operators",@"Domain
Admins",Administrator,root
        lpq cache time = 20
        use client driver = No
        disable spoolss = No
        max reported print jobs = 1000

# PRINTING Section 2 !!
# users are able to connect to any printer specified in the Samba host's
# printcap file  ( /etc/printcap ) provided through cups
[printers]
        comment = All Network Printers
        printable = yes
        path = /home/samba/spool
        browseable = No
        guest ok = yes
        public = yes
        read only = yes
        writable = no
        create mode = 0777
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P'%p'
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P'%p' %j
        lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold '%p' %j
        lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release '%p' %j
        queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start '%p'
        queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop '%p'
# Print Command is not used when using cups
#       print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P'%p' %s

### Printing Section 3 "The Windows Printer drivers"
# Required permissions
# The account used to connect to the Samba host must have
# a UID of 0 (i.e., a root account). ( or Administrator )
# The account used to connect to the Samba host must be
# named in the printer adminlist.
# Or The account used to connect to the Samba host must have
# SEPrintOperatorRights
[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers Download Area
        path = /home/samba/printers
### ( chown Administrator:"domain Admins" ) and chmod 775 on
/home/samba/printers
        browseable = no
        guest ok = no
        read only = yes