[Samba] what's the best filesystem

Duncan Robertson Duncan.Robertson at vsl.com.au
Thu Oct 6 01:10:56 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer, this feature must have sneaked in under the
radar while I wasn't looking - even now googling, reading the man pages
etc gives scant information on it - is there any definitive info source
for using this?
  some comments here:
   http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/redhat/Jul-2005/msg00225.html
   http://www.surfnetters.nl/paul/fs/

seem to indicate variable results with this feature enabled, does anyone
have much experience with it in production Samba environments?

also how well can it be enabled on pre-existing ext3 partitions?

thanks,

Duncan