[Samba] 2.2 to 3.0.x PDC upgrade: an XP box no longer authenticates domain users with the Samba PDC

Bruno Ferreira morphine at digitalmente.net
Tue Oct 4 23:26:54 GMT 2005

Craig White wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 18:34 +0100, Bruno Ferreira wrote:
>

>>[snip]
>>

>----
>just guessing - does
>net getlocalsid
>match the SID for your domain according to the WindowsXP box?
>
>Craig

    Well I eventually solved the problem by removing the XP box from the
domain and then having it re-join. However, I still don't quite
understand the details of what went on. "net getlocalsid" gave me a
specific SID for the domain. I didn't know how to obtain the domain SID
in the Windows box, but I tried sysinternals.com's NewSID. It showed me
the same SID before and after rejoining the domain, so I really didn't
understand what went on :(

    -- Bruno Ferreira