[Samba] Samba 3.0.20a on AIX 5.2

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:11:38 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ric Tibbetts" <rtibbetts at lanl.gov>
To: "William Jojo" <jojowil at hvcc.edu>
Cc: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba 3.0.20a on AIX 5.2

> Good morning Bill!
>
> The results are:
>
> #> oslevel -r 5200-03
> #> lslpp -l obs.adt.include
>    Fileset                      Level  State      Description
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
>    bos.adt.include           5.2.0.30  COMMITTED  Base Application
Development
>                                                   Include Files

Ok, that is very downlevel as bos.adt.include is now at 5.2.0.75 (available)
and I'm running 5.2.0.61 without experiencing your issue.

AIX 5.3 is fine, but a suggestion to those supporting you: Operating on
current code reduces this sort of issue. Often they should consider at least
running the latest maintenance release.

Have a test machine (if fiscally achievable) to try out both AIX and Samba
versions and beat the crap out of it :-) Spend time with the torture code.
(There are a great deal of used IBM resellers out there who can get you a
heck of a good price and still be under IBM support contract)

When you are satisfied with the results, move it to production. Any other
method leads to chaos, pointing fingers and animosity.

Cheers,

Bill