[Samba] smbd: nss_ldap: could not hard reconnect to LDAP server - Can't contact LDAP server

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Oct 4 09:16:16 GMT 2005

Hi,

I changed the password of  user "Manager" on my LDAP server, I have
changed in /etc/ldap.conf the passwd too.
I restarted ldap, nscd, but in messages log I have :

smbd: nss_ldap: could not hard reconnect to LDAP server - Can't contact
LDAP server

anyone can explain why this error produce

the ldapsam:trusted can be used for having no problem when changing ldap
password without restart samba ?

thanks

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467