[Samba] how do you manage printers on workstations?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Oct 3 21:05:40 GMT 2005

How do you manage printers on Windows workstations?

What I mean, suppose you have many classrooms, different printers (which
sometimes change) in these classroms - how do you manage which
workstation (or a group of them) will use which printer?

So far I've been using WPKG for that - as I described here:
http://wpkg.org/wiki/index.php/Printer_configuration

But somehow I feel it isn't the easiest and most intuitive way - it is
basically running:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /q /y /ga /in /n \\server\kyocera

as a domain administrator when machine is booted, and then in a netlogon
script when a user logs in.

In other ways, I'm looking for an easier way to do it :)

--
Tomek