[Samba] getting userlist and logon sometimes slow

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Sun Oct 2 11:08:58 GMT 2005

Hello,

I run Samba 3.0.20a with Windows XP Professional SP2 client. Sometimes,
the logon is a bit slot, i.e. it takes some seconds until the "Loading
profile..." dialog box comes up.

The same effect happens when I start a program with the "Run as" command
in the context menu. I enter my domain user and select run, and it takes
about 5 seconds until the program is invoked.

I guess it has something to do with getting/verifying user data. I run
the pdb_mysql backend. Might it be related to that, or is that behaviour
quite normal?

If that helps: I have not cached my profiles, nor have I cached
credentials (both prohibited via policy)

Thanks
Florian