[Samba] Guest account problem ... please help

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 00:04:10 GMT 2005

> This problem is so strange.  The permissions are not following the
> group I'm assigning.  It seems to be "hung" on the group "group".

Since you have "force user = xxx" in many of your share definitions,
I'm assuming changing to these users via 'su' still allows you to delete
files?

> I can copy to the directory okay, but I can't delete.  Is there some
> kind of Windows issue that is unique to deleting that is causing this?

Do you get the same behaviour when using "smbclient //localhost/share"?

You could try running smbd in debug mode and see what it comes up with
when you attempt to delete a file - that may give you something to go
on.

Cheers,
Adam.