[Samba] Samba guide Ch5: cannot resolve user id

Olivier Thibaut olivier at eggstorycp.com
Tue Nov 29 04:22:53 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am following Ch5 of the Samba Guide and so far it has been working
pretty good till that point:
*

> *Procedure 5.8. LDAP Directory Initialization Steps
> *
>
> 12. This step will determine whether or not identity resolution is
> working correctly. Do not procede is this step fails, rather find the
> cause of the failure. The *id* command may be used to validate your
> configuration so far, as shown here:
>
>|root# | id chrisr
>uid=1002(chrisr) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=513(Domain Users)

*I can see the user I added as a result of step 11 but at step 12 I get
a No Such User error.
Sorry if this is obvious to some of you, I have to say I have absolutely
no experience of this kind of setup :-(
What can I check to find the cause of the failure ?

Many thanks for your help !

Olivier Thibaut.