[Samba] Samba password expiry time

Mike Hodgkinson mike.hodgkinson at solnetsolutions.co.nz
Mon Nov 28 21:11:56 GMT 2005

I have found that when passwords are reset from a windows machine, the
default password expiry period is around 40 days. I would like to change
this to say 90 days, but have been unable to find a way.
I tried the option "password expire time" but testparm doesn't seem to
recognise it.
There is nothing in the official Samba How-to about this.

Has anyone managed to set thier default expiry time?

I am using Samba 3.0.14a-Debian with an OpenLDAP backend.

Cheers

Please note: The SolNet Solutions offices will be closed from Friday the 23rd December to Wednesday the 4th January.
During this time, please call 0800-SOLNET (0800-765638) if you require urgent assistance.
Please enjoy the break and take care over the holiday period.

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster at solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of SolNet Solutions Ltd.