[Samba] Losing wallpapers on roaming profiles

Andreas Hasenack ahasenack at terra.com.br
Mon Nov 28 16:44:46 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 01:11:19PM +0100, Thomas Widhalm wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm getting difficulties with wallpapers on roaming profiles on a samba
> 3.0.9-2.3 under SuSE 9.2 with Windows XP Professional Clients. I discovered,
> by reading other postings concerning this topic, that Windows won't use jpegs
> as wallpapers on roaming profiles (converts them to bmp and stores them in
> "Local Settings", which doesn't roam). So I converted the pictures to bmp
> myself an used them as wallpaper. Still they got lost most of the time.
>
> Has anyone encountered the same problem and found some solutions?

I have a similar problem. I found out that the wallpaper change was
learned by the workstations, but not applied. If I right-click on the
desktop I see the new wallpaper name, but it's not applied (i.e., I
still see the old one). Clicking OK at that dialog (without changing
anything else) then applies the wallpaper to the desktop.