[Samba] Losing wallpapers on roaming profiles

Thomas Widhalm mailing.tomina at inode.at
Sun Nov 27 12:11:19 GMT 2005

Hi!

I'm getting difficulties with wallpapers on roaming profiles on a samba
3.0.9-2.3 under SuSE 9.2 with Windows XP Professional Clients. I discovered,
by reading other postings concerning this topic, that Windows won't use jpegs
as wallpapers on roaming profiles (converts them to bmp and stores them in
"Local Settings", which doesn't roam). So I converted the pictures to bmp
myself an used them as wallpaper. Still they got lost most of the time.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found some solutions?

Thanks,
Thomas