AW: [Samba] net rpc utility to add machine account ?

Holger Wöhle hwoehle at arcor.de
Sun Nov 27 08:29:49 GMT 2005

Andrew,
thanks for your reply.
My problem is, how to join future clients.
Either the machine is not builded up, or the admin is not available to let
the machine join.
So i want to make a list of machine-names and add them to the domain.
But, if possible not with the two steps "useradd" and "smbpasswd".
My first thought, was to use the net rcp utility, but if that doesn't work,
if go and write a simple wrapper-script arround useradd and smbpasswd.
For some reasons we don't want to use the windows tools.

cu
Holgi