[Samba] firewall

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Fri Nov 25 22:29:06 GMT 2005

At 06:31 PM 11/25/2005 -0300, contacto_AGS wrote:
>It work's  OK   but.
>
>When I installed a wireless acces point Linksys  it does not work.
>I disabled the firewall in the acces point but with no result.   Can
>anybody help me???

Many so-called "wireless access points" (WAP) are in reality a router with
a wireless access point attached internally. You haven't given much
information here so it's very hard to help you. "It doesn't work" is not
enough. Does it break your whole network? Or is it only equipment connected
to the WAP that doesn't work? Or is it only wireless gear attached to the
WAP that fails to gain connectivity?

What model number Linksys WAP have you got there? Explain what your network
looks like too, what's connected to what and using what ports.

There's no way to tell from your message if it's a router/WAP or not. Most
likely, it is. If so, everything connected to it is on a separate IP subnet
from whatever is on its WAN port.

Some of them don't care if the subnets are numbered the same: You can have
192.168.0.x on both sides, and they will be separate subnets, and the
firmware is too dumb to object. Of course, routing between them is totally
screwed up and confused.

If you have a true WAP, without a router attached, or with routing turned
off, then there's some other problem, like WEP key mismatch or
configuration issues.

Supply more info.

[Government]Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor
people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.--Douglas
Casey, Classmate of W.J.Clinton at Georgetown U. (1992)
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531