[Samba] Mounting smbfs

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 23:49:57 GMT 2005

>        missing codepage or other error

That rings a bell - there's a kernel option related to codepages:

-------------------------------
Use a default NLS (SMB_NLS_DEFAULT)
The nls settings can be changed at mount time, if your smbmount
supports that, using the codepage and iocharset parameters.

I'm not sure if it'll help, but you could try looking into this
codepage option and see if that helps.

>  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22

-22 rings a bell, are you 100% sure you've got permission to mount this
share?  What happens if you run "smbclient -L esotericVAIO" or even
"smbclient //esotericVAIO/Downloads"?

Cheers,
Adam.