[Samba] Changing/fixing machine names

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Mon Nov 21 23:36:24 GMT 2005

I think I found some of my cutover problems.  I found a couple Win98
machines which had the same name for user and machine names.  While it
never seemed to be an issue in the Netware realm, under Samba, it
appears to have undesirable results.  Although the machines have been
renamed, there still seem to be strange problems.

Any ideas on where to fix/change/clean whatever to remove the machine
names from the system?  I don't know whether I need to fix the registry
or something in Samba or both.

Thanks,
Michael