[Samba] Samba & SIDs

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jools at oss4all.plus.com
Sun Nov 20 10:19:54 GMT 2005

Hiya,

Yep, that was my first thought but I noticed that there are two SIDs relating
to the server, the machine SID and the Domain SID.  Originally, when I
migrated from NT I used "net getlocalsid <domain>" to pull the domain SID
into secrets.tdb. If I then ran net getlocalsid <domain> the migrated sid
would show.

 If I run setlocalsid and insert the domain sid into it it's the machine sid
that gets set. The new (incorrect) domain sid stays the same.

I get the feeling that I'm being overcautious but I have 700 users hanging of
this one and at the moment they can all log in albeit we can't add/remove
users etc. If I change the SID and it goes completely tits I think they may
all be at the door with pitchforks and torches ;)

Anyway I suspect I'm missing something really obvious (as usual that damn
wood's hiding the trees again)

Cheers,,
Jools