[Samba] NT MD4 password check failed

Pavan krishna p.krishna at diversityarrays.com
Thu Nov 17 05:50:56 GMT 2005

hi,

      check the permission settings on the share or the home directory,

        Check your global settings:
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
    logon drive = H:

  and the permissions on the share:
 [homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %U
    writeable = yes
    browseable = no
    read only = no
    guest ok = no
    printable = no

  and it can only be mapped automatically if your PC is the domain
member else you have to go to run and type "\\samba server name" and see
whether you are able to see your home directory.
  I used to have this error if the smbpassword is different from the
Linux Local user password.

--
Pavan Krishna L
Systems Administrator