[Samba] Using multiple password servers in smb.conf

Amit Jain amitj3 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 02:32:07 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've trying to use multiple password servers in my
smb.conf. I'm using net utility for authenticating to
a AD server.

The behavious I see on 3.0.4 version of net utility is
as following:

1: It tries to connect to first password server.
2: If first password server is down, it keeps on
retrying for 3 min.
3: After three minutes, it tries second password
server.
4: If second password server is down it tries three
times.
5: It then tries third password server.

I was wondering is there a way I can prevent it from
hanging for three minutes on the first password
server?

Your help is truly appreciated.
thanks
Amit