[Samba] Backup Tape

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Wed Nov 16 12:52:03 GMT 2005

/quote >a couple of tapes cost nearly as much as a hard disk...

Yes, thats though, but my company had the policy to take the lateste
backup tape out of the office, this in case of fire for example.

im going to make a backup storage on a server with sata drivers in raid 1
( real raid 1, hardware raid ) this way i can take the drive out of the
company. i'll buy about 5 drives, which there are four always away.

just a hint for people out there. !!! TAKE YOUR BACKUP OUT OF YOUR OFFICE.
realy in case of fire insurance will mostlikely NOT payout if there is no
backup
of all your data to garanty that the company can start again.

Louis