[Samba] Re: Have to love MS, Was: -> Re: w32time and Samba PDC Domains

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sun Nov 13 23:33:10 GMT 2005

Matthew Easton wrote:

> There is a security policy setting you must change.
> You want to give "Authenticated Users" the right to adjust the time.

Actually I don't want to give that out. The w32time service would run as system (aka root) thus have the ability to change the time. Since DHCP offers the NTP server hostname, I was just hoping that
the DHCP client could update / provide that DHCP option, but it seems that functionality is not functioning.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems