[Samba] Unable to turn off file locking

Christopher Sohns csohns at pbr-net.com
Thu Nov 10 20:55:17 GMT 2005

I'm running Samba 3.0.20b with XP and DOS clients.  I have zero issues with
WindowsXP clients but if I have a XP client accessing a file then try to get
DOS client to access (ro and rw) the same file I'm met with a sharing
violation.  I've tried all sorts of combinations of the following
parameters: strict locking, oplocks, level2 oplocks, defer sharing
violations, locking, and share mode.  No matter what I do, I can not get
Samba to simple ignore "file locking".  Suggestions?

Chris Sohns
Landings Research