[Samba] network design - taking advantage of samba+openldap

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeominas.gov.co
Thu Nov 10 20:42:08 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Nathan Vidican wrote:

> Build a new PDC, install/configure as a single domain using OpenLDAP tree.
> Import all your existing users and their information into this tree.

ok

> IMHO - this would be easier to manage, implement, and pay for than what
> you're currently running/proposing.

The idea of having several PDC is because like that is our work scheme,
more than other thing.  We will consider your advise.  We apreciate your
kind help.  Anyway, please, what is the function of a BDC if we have a
master ldap and a slave ldap with automatic replicaction?  Is it enough to
have one BDC for the one PDC? and how to manage several groups with only
one PDC?

And about NAS, we are going to buy something that found directly in our
country, e.g. from NetApp, but we are having trouble because of our
ignorance about NAS and limited budget.  We are going to buy only one NAS
box for storage and one for backups.

thanks!,

Pablo Chamorro C.

--
Tel: +57 (2) 7314752/3222/2595 - Fax: +57 (2) 7310514
Carrera 31 #18-07 Parque Infantil - PO Box 1795 - Pasto