[Samba] Re: What file gets corrupted in Samba when perms stop working correctly?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Nov 10 17:59:38 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Nah. Remember that smbd runs as root and changes back
> and forth to the uid of the user.

OK, I have been reminded.

That connection / computer / etc... has flipped back to showing special account name in lsof AND I can write to the drive at this point. This box has still not logged off of the server... chugging
away doing its process.

???? I will continue to watch and see if the account shown in lsof is an indication of the ability to write or not.

But then, I AM going to upgrade the Samba version after the process gets done, so then it is an all new ball game after that. ;-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems