[Samba] Current status of OS/2 eCS client to Samba 3.0.20b

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Nov 10 15:56:02 GMT 2005

Subject pretty much askes it all. For those that run OS/2 eCS against Samba servers on a regular basis... looks like I might have to head back in that direction. I am trying to avoid NetBIOS which
means the usual SrvIFS I would prefer to have go bye bye once and for all. I did get SrvIFS-IP from the "Beyond DHCP" RedBook yesterday, but is has memory corruption on the server daemon side if the
full DNS name of the server is "too long". So, that leaves using the IBM File/Print client directly to Samba.... or un-routable NetBIOS with SrvIFS.

In case it adjusts the status answer, I would be creating boot CD's to connect to the server using bootAble which says it can integrate the IBM client into the slim copy of OS/2 it produces.

TIA!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems