[Samba] Re: Current status of OS/2 eCS client to Samba 3.0.20b

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Fri Nov 18 01:43:15 GMT 2005

Well, since no one touched this thread... I've gone and done it. I am now running eCS 1.2MR with success connecting to the Samba version mentioned. I have not turned on EA support, nor do I really
want it. Got bit with EA's getting corrupted on NetWare 3.x and 4.x servers... not to mention McAfee NetShield and NetWare 5 implementing their own fake EA to keep track of virus scanning files which
kills OS/2 as the fake EA is not in OS/2 binary format. So, no EA's for me on shared volumes thank you very much! ;-)

Seems solid to me thus far, great work Samba team! Of course I would love a domain style logon, etc... will have to wait until the eCS team gets Samba integrated in place of the IBM code which I think
I heard might be coming down the pipe. Nice not to have to set up an extra server to do some OS/2 consulting.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems